When you get up in the morning it’s really important to have a meal. Why? This is because of the fact that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It gives your metabolism the necessary energy level to start your day. Here are the top 10 healthy breakfast foods to have a good start in the morning.
1. Yogurt and fresh fruit parfait with sliced oranges, peaches, blueberries, low fat granola and 6 oz. plain, nonfat yogurt is a healthy recipe to start your day and it can easily be prepared in 10 minutes.
2. Spinach and Tomato Omelet is another healthy breakfast treat that could start your day. It could give you your needed fiber and protein in order for you to get your day right. If you want to make a spinach and tomato omelet on your next breakfast then the recipe is as follows: 3 eggs or 6 egg whites, slightly beaten, º cup cooked spinach, nonstick spay, 6 pieces sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Try it and you will be amazed on how it tastes.
3. If you are planning to make pancakes for your breakfast then you should consider making them healthy. Healthy pancakes have the same taste of the classic breakfast treat minus the high-glycemic carbohydrates and the added calories. If you have the following ingredients then you can easily make one for yourself: 2 eggs, º canola oil, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 2 cups low fat milk, _ teaspoon salt and wheat germ and 1 _ cups whole wheat pastry flour.
4. If you are looking for a protein packed breakfast then scrambled tofu can be your best bet for a high protein breakfast. Add some green peppers, onions and some light tamari sauce, garlic powder and black pepper to your tofu then stir-fry it with a little olive oil. It may sound simple but it will surely give you give you a fulfilling breakfast.
5. Kashi Golean Crunch or any whole grain cereal is also a good choice. Just add milk or soymilk and some fresh fruit to it and you instantly have a treat.
6. Fresh fruit salad is also a good choice. How can you go wrong with fresh fruits? Just choose some fresh fruits, cut it up and add some lemon juice or lime to it. Voila! It tastes just perfect.
7. Whole-wheat toast and almond butter with grapefruit is one of the best combinations for a healthy toast. Put a little sugar on top of the grapefruit and combine it with almond butter to have the right amount of protein for your day. It may sound sinful but it sure is healthy!
8. Protein shakes with extras can help you get your needed nutrients easily especially when you are on the go. You can use a soy protein powder with low fat or soymilk then add frozen blueberries or bananas to give your protein shake a tasteful twist to it.
9. Cottage cheese and fruit can also be combined to give you both carbohydrates and protein. Choose your favorite fruits and add to them to the low fat cottage cheese. You can keep them in a plastic container if you want them to be accessible even if you are in a hurry.
10. Oatmeal mixed with fruits and milk is a staple item in the category of healthy breakfast foods. This breakfast treat has been for ages and it helps you lower down your cholesterol while giving you your required fiber intake for the whole day.